Latest Release for Grand Theft Auto Online Unveiled
Rockstar has made available update 1.66 for Grand Theft Auto Online, which will enhance the gameplay of the Grand Theft Auto 5 multiplayer experience. This patch will let gamers get more enjoyment out of Grand Theft Auto Online, regardless if they favor hurtling around the avenues of Los Santos or joining in on intricate robberies.
Grand Theft Auto Online puts a huge variety of tasks at the players’ disposal, from heists and races to narrative tasks. Recently, the Los Santos Drug Wars update even offered opportunities to create and sell drugs to a multitude of distributors in Los Santos. When gamers have gained enough in-game currency, they can buy a variety of properties such as offices, bunkers, apartments, and the newest addition – a garage that can store up to 50 cars from their Grand Theft Auto Online collection.
An unexpected move by a GTA Online non-player character (NPC) was recently caught on video, showing the entity swerving to avoid colliding with a player. A clip of the incident was shared online, highlighting the unexpected move.
Rockstar has made available the patch notes for update 1.66 of Grand Theft Auto Online, emphasizing security and stability. This patch addresses a variety of glitches in the game, provides general stability improvements, and introduces a new data protocol to bolster the security of network sessions and player-to-player communication. This update is accessible to all players of Grand Theft Auto Online, though there are slight discrepancies between platforms.
One month after the discovery of an exploit in Grand Theft Auto Online, Rockstar released a security update for both Grand Theft Auto Online and Red Dead Redemption 2 and its multiplayer version, Red Dead Online. This exploit enabled hackers to alter other gamers’ stats and even permanently corrupt their accounts, preventing them from accessing the game afterwards. Rockstar was quick to take notice and logged any affected accounts before the hackers could abuse these exploits, then releasing a patch to fix the issue.
After the latest patch of Grand Theft Auto Online restored safe gameplay, players can dive back into the open world of activities the game has to offer. On social media, players share the highlights of their gaming experience, from silly glitches to remarkable feats – such as one player destroying a fighter plane with a single shot from an assault rifle or another pulling off the seemingly impossible task of getting a boat in the rooftop pool of a casino.
Grand Theft Auto Online Update 1.66 Patch Notes
PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S:
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from being able to modify the TM-02 Khanjali, RCV, and Chernobog in their facility.
PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S:
- Implemented a new data protocol in GTA Online to improve the security of network sessions and player-to-player messaging.
- General stability improvements.
PS5 and Xbox Series X/S:
- Fixed an issue that resulted in car windows missing reflections in some graphics modes.
- Fixed multiple crashes that occurred in GTA Online.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players being incorrectly notified that they need to complete the Prologue to access GTA Online.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some accounts from accessing GTA Online due to stats having been modified by a third party.
- Fixed multiple issues that resulted in some users being able to abuse text chat systems on PC.
Grand Theft Auto Online is available now for PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.